Chemical Peel After Care Instructions
In order to assure proper and satisfactory results following your chemical peel, we recommend the following after care measures.
- The skin will be very sensitive immediately following treatment. You MUST avoid sun exposure during the healing and peeling process in order to avoid unwanted pigmentation issues.
- Cleanse the affected area with a gentle, non-drying cleanser (like Cetaphil, CeraVe, or SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser) in the morning and evening.
- Keep the affected area moisturized throughout the day to avoid excessive dryness, discomfort or tightness in the skin. Cetaphil, CeraVe, or SkinCeuticals Epidermal Repair products can help with this.
- The skin MUST be protected with sunblock of SPF 30 or higher and a wide-brimmed hat when outdoors.
- Do not pick at the skin when it begins to peel in order to avoid scarring.
- Depending on the depth of the chemical peel performed, the entire peeling and healing process should be completed within two weeks. At that time you will be able to resume your normal skin care regimens.