A Liquid Facelift is the practice of combining dermal fillers and neurotoxin to restore facial volume and erase muscle-driven wrinkles to maintain a youthful appearance without surgery.
Neurotoxins temporarily improve the appearance of mild, moderate or severe facial wrinkles, including frown lines, forehead wrinkles, lines above your upper lip and laugh lines. The medication is injected into the muscles of facial expression so wrinkles cannot be formed in specific areas. Consult with your provider as to how much and where you would benefit from.
Dermal Fillers are injections that temporarily fill out loss of fat volume, erase deep lines and hollows that make you look tired. Our doctors use Bellafill, Restylane Products, VERSA®, Belotero, Sculptra, JUVÉDERM products, and RADIESSE®.Consult with our doctors to see what fillers would be right for you. They are priced according to how they long they last in the skin.
Neurotoxin & Dermal Filler Treatment Recommendations
- Downtime. Neither neurotoxins nor Dermal Fillers require a moment’s social downtime if you follow the Treatment Do’s and Don’ts listed below. You may have some blotchy redness due to the topical anesthetic that lasts less than an hour. Small needle marks may be visible. Despite following instructions, bruising may occur (especially treatments around the eyes.) There may be small injection site marks immediately after the procedure that resolves quickly.
- Take oral Sinnech (Arnica Montana) on the day prior to your injections if you would like to reduce bruising and swelling.
- Stop aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications or herbal supplements for two weeks prior to injections to prevent bruising.
- Don’t have Dermal Filler injections within one month of any laser treatment: the laser will reduce filler longevity.
- Don’t expose yourself to extreme heat for three hours after injection—avoid hot shower, bath, Jacuzzi tub, steam room and all aerobic activities.
- Don’t position yourself (e.g., lie down) on left or right side and take a nap, watch television, etc. within 4 hours of getting these procedures.
Receiving Neurotoxin and/or Dermal Fillers
- Your Doctor will consult with you to determine exactly what areas you want to address. If choosing Dermal Filler, he/she will review which filler is best for your particular situation.
A topical anesthetic will be applied for 20-30 minutes prior to your injections.
The neurotoxin and/or Dermal Filler injection process is very brief. Some patients report that the Dermal Filler injections are somewhat more sensitive than the neurotoxin injections.
Post Procedure Care for Neurotoxin & Dermal Fillers
- There may be slight bleeding from the injections, which can easily be dabbed away.
- There will likely be bruising.
- Ice packs may be applied to the injection sites to relieve sensitivity.
- Continue with your daily routine.
- Try sleeping on your back for the first two nights following Dermal Filler injections to avoid any filler movement.
- Dermal Filler injections in the lips may appear more pronounced due to swelling within the following 24 hours but will soon subside.
- Slight bruising may occur at injection sites after a day or two, this can be easily covered with concealer
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 901-759-2322.